Flu Campaign 2023/2024
Update: 25th August 2023
Our planned flu clinic dates for 2023 are:
- Saturday, 7th October 2023 (over 65’s)
- Saturday 14th October 2023 (18-64 at risk)
Patients in care homes, or who are registered as fully housebound by their GP, will be contacted in due course.
As in previous years, we will invite eligible patients to our flu clinics by text (or letter if we do not have a mobile phone registered for you).
Children aged 2-3 years and under 18 and ‘at risk’ will be sent a link to book directly into various midweek/Saturday appointment slots from September.
School aged children from Reception to year 11 (not in the ‘at risk’ category) will be invited via their schools. The Community and School-Aged Immunisation Service (CSAIS) are responsible for delivery and catching up on missed vaccinations. firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 0300 555 5055
Patients eligible for a flu vaccine can be found at: GOV: Flu vaccine.
Please continue to check this page for updates.
Due to popular demand, we will continue to run our flu clinics as we have in recent years.
Watch our video here:
As usual, we will close our car park to all patients for safety reasons.
Please ensure you plan your journey and alternative parking arrangements in advance.
We respectfully ask that you do not block the privately owned supermarket road outside the surgery. Access is required at all times.
Tips on the day
To help our clinics run smoothly:
- Please try to attend at the appointment time given – this will avoid long queues.
- Please walk or get dropped off and collected where possible.
- Please wear clothes which will make it easy to expose the tops of your arms- vaccinations take place in the waiting area (not the consulting rooms).
- Please don’t attend with friends and family unless you need assistance – space is very limited and there are no waiting area facilities
- The Reception desk will be closed during the clinic.
- Due to the busy nature of the clinics, we will be unable to offer advice on any other clinical issues during the flu clinic unless directly related to the vaccination.
- Please ensure that you have had something to eat and drink before attending.
- Please alert the clinician if you have any allergies.