“Don’t give up on giving up. Every time you try to stop smoking,
you’re a step closer to success.”
Stopping smoking is the best thing you can do for your health and mental wellbeing.
Key messages for smokers:
- Don’t give up on giving up. Every time you try, you’re a step closer to success.
- Every successful quit begins with a serious quit attempt. Make your next quit attempt this No Smoking Day.
- Many smokers do not quit on their first attempt and need several tries before they succeed.
- The sooner you stop the greater the health gains but whenever you stop your health will benefit.
- Getting support really boosts your chances of quitting – you’re up to three times as likely to succeed.
For support to quit contact:
Hertfordshire Health Improvement Service on 0800 389 3998
TEXT “SMOKEFREE” to 80818